If you’re not familiar with the tasks of land surveyors in Texas, you might be surprised at the wide range of projects these professionals handle. Individuals and businesses call on land surveyors in Texas to complete surveys across many industries and for myriad purposes.
What can you call on a land surveyor in Texas to do for you? Specialty services for these professionals include:
- Gas and oil well location surveys: These surveys are completed to establish the point of entry for gas or oil excavation. To provide this survey, the surveyor maps structures and improvements in the vicinity, measures sea level and considers the boundaries of the land tract.
- Excess acreage and corrected patents: At times, a tract of land may exceed the quantity provided in the title or patent. A land surveyor in Texas will complete a survey to determine tract boundaries to guide landowners’ decisions on how to proceed with their ownership of the property.
- Pipeline right-of-way acquisition: Pipeline companies can construct and maintain pipelines on private property. They must obtain written agreements to establish these easements. A land surveyor in Texas can help establish this right of way and the boundaries for the easement.
- Topographic surveys: Construction projects are greatly affected by the literal lay of the land. Project managers often depend on land surveyors in Texas to complete a survey that provides the topography of the property so they can plan construction appropriately.
- River and lake boundaries: A survey that shows river and lake boundaries can be helpful for the property owners around the water body. A survey of these boundaries can also prove helpful for those wishing to build around the river or lake.
- Subdivisions: Builders often partner with land surveyors in Texas as they create plans for new subdivisions or consider expanding current neighborhoods. It’s essential that the builder knows the boundaries of each tract of land as well as the surrounding communities.
- Construction staking: Whether you’re building a house or an office building, land surveyors in Texas are an important part of your planning process. Surveyors will determine where the building will be situated and stake your construction site appropriately.
- Title boundary surveys: Who owns what? If you have a boundary dispute or simply don’t know where the official boundary of a certain property is located, land surveyors in Texas can help.
- Circular irrigation system location: How should you position your irrigation system for optimal results? A land surveyor in Texas can tell you. With expertise in terrain and positioning, a professional surveyor’s input is key to proper placement of your irrigation system.
Launch Your Next Project
Do you have a project that could benefit from the expertise of land surveyors in Texas? The professionals at D.G. Smyth & Company are ready to assist you. We offer a complete portfolio of survey services. If you are looking for a surveying company with an impeccable reputation, look no further than D.G. Smyth & Company. Call today to speak with one of our friendly project managers and set up a consultation.